Much towards the chagrin of it is users, WhatsApp quietly presented read receipts(letting individuals see exactly each time a message is examine, not just delivered) previously this month. The app constantly showed one tick mark whenever you sent a communication, which changed to help two grey ticks when it had been delivered. Now, the app indicates two blue ticks if the recipient has examine your message.
This feature has been rolled out lacking update to the app itself. Which means there was no privacy setting to help disable read receipts if the feature was explained out. The deficiency of this basic characteristic in WhatsApp really ticked us away from, and we had promised that we’d be back which has a tutorial on the best way to disable WhatsApp blue ticks the moment it was probable. True to our own word, here were now that WhatsApp has unveiled this characteristic for Android.
Here’s how to lose those annoying glowing blue ticks in WhatsApp – but should you choose this, then you won’t manage to see the bills either. If you would like to check when other folks see your announcements, then you need to enable them to see read bills from you. In the meantime, this is only easy for Android users, in support of if you hand update the application via the WhatsApp web page. WhatsApp typically secretes updates first by using its website, after which rolls out the update for Android’s Search engines Play store, accompanied by updates for different platforms, so the update will be available for just about all devices soon.
The first step is to get the latest APK file from WhatsApp:
- Download the modern (version 2. 11. 444) WhatsApp apk on the official website.
- On your Android mobile phone phone, go to help Settings > Security > Check Unknown sources, to make it possible for installing apps via outside Google Engage in. Note that the complete path to the setting will vary depending on ones device manufacturer and also Android version – the main thing to note is that you simply enable installing applications from unknown solutions.
- Open the apk in your Android phone. This will install the latest version in the app on device.
Once the app is installed, here’s how to disable read receipts-
- Open WhatsApp and also tap three vertical dots icon on top right.
- Now head over to Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Uncheck Read receipts.
That will certainly disable the glowing blue ticks on WhatsApp. As we noted above, feature isn’t available on other platforms or maybe on Google Play up to now, but now that it feature has appeared around the official WhatsApp apk, we can hope that an update provides it to just about all platforms. We will update this post when that happens. Until then, you possibly can head to our The best way to section for a lot more tutorials.