Advertisements are annoying. If you are using free apps or games in your Android device they are mostly filled with a lot of advertisements and if you are using them with your internet connection active in the background you will see a lot of ad popups from time to time.
You can block advertisements on your Android device for all the games and apps easily using some easy methods. These methods will work both on rooted and non-rooted Android devices. Before we tell you how to block ads in Android we suggest you to install a file manager which goes by the name of Astro File Manager which you can download from this link. If you want to use any other File Manager you can search for it in Google Play Store.
This app will block ads in Android device and all the games and apps which have ads in them. There are many ad blocking apps in Google Play store but Adblock Plus is one of the best ad blockers which you can use in Android.
- First of all you need to enable Installation via Unknown Sources. You can enable it by going to Settings > Security > Tick mark Unknown Sources.
- Once done, you are ready to install Andblock Plus on your Android device.
How to install and configure Adblock Plus
Follow the guide shared below to install and configure Adblock Plus on your Android device.
- Open browser in your Android device and type http://adblockplus.org/en/android-install. An APK file will start downloading itself which is APK file of Adblock Plus.
- If you are using any File Manager open it and start installing the app on your Android device.
- If your Android device is rooted you will be asked for Superuser permission. Grant the permission and installation will be done. If your android device is not rooted you need to follow a couple of steps such as setting a proxy and some others.
- Once installed Adblock Plus will start blocking ads on your Android device. You can go to Settings and set more options to refine the blocking process.
Blocking ads on Firefox
You can use adblockPlus on your Firefox web browser also for blocking the advertisements which are present on the web pages you are opening. This method will work both for rooted and not-rooted android devices.
- Open Android browser and search for Adblock Plus or you can simply visit this link.
- Once adblock plus is installed reboot your device and all the advertisements will be blocked. If you want to set custom options you can go to Settings > Set more options.
Blocking ads using Hosts file
The last method which you can use to block ads on Android is by editing the hosts file. Follow the guide below if you want to block ads using Hosts file.
- First of all you have to open this URL on your computer. Once opened, save it on your PC by the name of hosts file.
- Copy the file to your Android device. Make sure you know the path where you have copied this file.
- Open File Manger on your Android device and locate the file where you have copied it.
- Once you have the hosts file rename it with extension hosts.txt or hosts.bak.
Reboot your android device and advertisements will be blocked.
We hope you have successfully blocked all the apps. If you are having any issues please use the comments section to clear your doubts.